Mendocino 4x4 Club Safety
CA4WDC Required Safety Checklist
- Roll bar or full cage or factory hardtop.
- Functional parking break or micro lock.
- Tow strap or rope (recommended rate at 2 times the vehicle weight.
- First Aid Kit
- Jack capable of lifting the vehicle and a tool capable of removing the
- Spare tire equal to or within 3 inches of existing tires on the
vehicle (no temporary spares).
- Fire Extinguisher with gauge indication good/full, appropriately
- Seat Belts for all passengers.
- Antennas must not exceed 4'-6", except when longer antennas/whips are
required by certain OHV Areas.
- Adequate attachment points front and rear, i.e. tow hooks, receiver,
etc. Tow balls are not generally recommended.
- Battery hold downs (no bungie cords).
Other "should haves" for runs:
- CB radio.
- Good traction tires and ground clearance.
- Air compressor for airing tires back up.
- Membership in CA4WDC.